Transport Layer :
- Transport Layer is responsible for source to destination delivery of entire message.
- It may create connection between the source or destination.
- Service point Addressing Layer : End to end delivery means the delivery of packet from specific process from one system to specific process on another. Thus, its header contains a service-point address or port address.
- Segmentation and Reassembly : A message is divided into transmittable segments , each containing a sequence number which enables it to reassemble at the delivery end.
- Connection Control : Connection made can be Connection-less or Connection oriented.
- Flow Control and Error Control is also supported.
- Transmission unit is Segments