TCP/IP Model :
TCP/IP model consists of 4 layers :
- Host to network layer
- Network layer
- Transport layer
- Application layer
Host to Network Layer :
- TCP/IP model does not define any specific protocols for this layer
- It supports all the standard and proprietary protocols.
- It is combination of Physical and DLL in ISO-OSI model.
Internet Layer :
- It is also called Network Layer and works same as in OSI model.
- It is called Internet Layer because the backbone is constituted by Internet Protocol, IP
- IP is supprted by ICMP, IGMP, ARP and RARP.
Transport Layer :
- It is supported by TCP and UDP protocol.
- TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) provides connection oriented reliable delivery.
- UDP (User Datagram Protocol) provides connection-less protocol and unreliable delivery.
Application Layer :
- It provides services of Session, Presentation and Application layer of ISO-OSI model.
- It supports protocols like SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, TFTP.