Network Layer :
- Network Layer is responsible for the source to destination delivery of a packet possibly across multiple network, from Host to Host.
- It ensures the correct delivery of packet from origin to final destination
- Logical Addressing : Physical Addressing handles the addressing problem locally. If a packet passes the Network boundary, logical addressing is used to distinguish the source and destination.
- Routing : Routers are used to route the packets from source to their destination.
- Transmission unit is Packets